It’s that time of the year again! Kids taking their board exams have begun cramming for it, and their parents are stressed and worried about their kids and their future. In these stressful times, we would like to send a reassuring message to all students as well as their parents regarding these exams.
First and foremost, we remind parents to be loving and support their children rather than pressurize them into getting better and better scores. The parents are also reminded that the board is an organisation that conducts exams, and that it is not necessary for all students to excel within the narrow confines of each subject in general. The world is large and there are a huge variety of subjects, and it is not possible for a student to learn each and every one of them at the school level.
Regarding the exam centre:
1. Visit the examination centre a day before the start of the examination to familiarize yourself with the location and route.
2. Please note, no students would be allowed inside the exam centre after 10 am under any circumstances
3. Parents need to ensure that their kids reach the exam centre by 9:45 am at the latest
4. Students are required to carry their school id cards and wear school uniform as it is mandatory.
5. Read the list of items allowed and not allowed in the examination and do not carry anything outside the list.
During the exam:
1. It is advisable for students to carry a water bottle and a handkerchief.
2. Set your priorities for answering questions according to the marks allotted and your confidence in answering the question satisfactorily.
3. Attempt all the questions as there is no negative marking, and it can’t hurt to do so.
4. Do not use too many colours in the answer sheet.
5. Lastly, don’t panic. Despite all your preparation, it is not possible to remember everything, and so it is important to stay calm and focused as that helps you answer the paper better and more efficiently.
Exams can surely be a hectic time for all, students, parents and even the teachers! To help ease some of the stress during the exam season, Cedarwood introduces a 3-part video series that explain, advice, and help children adopt effective study habits, that build on their overall study practices and improves their academics!